Ann Margot Edens, Esq.
Areas of Practice
- Family and matrimonial law, including adoption
- Divorce mediation
Approved by the N.J. Administrative Office of the Courts as a Divorce and Family Mediator
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1989
- Seton Hall Law School Institute of Dispute Resolution, 1990
- Mediation Training
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, 1989
- Juris Doctor
- Drew University, Madison, NJ, USA, 1981
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major – Sociology
- Minor – Psychology
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Accredited Member – New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators 1996 – 2010
Past Employment Positions
- Center for Divorce Mediation
- Ann O’Flanagan & Associates
- Divorce Alternatives
Attorney Ann Edens is the founding partner of Edens Law Group. She has practiced in the field of family law since graduating from law school. As a result, she has been working in this field for 30 years.
For many reasons, choosing family law was easy for Attorney Edens. She enjoys working with people, not pushing paper. Furthermore, she also enjoys that family law creates solutions for individual families. As a result, she gets to be closer to her clients and the real-world results of her cases. In fact, she doesn’t offer “free consultations” – instead, she gives “free one-hour strategy sessions” where she assesses the specifics of each client’s situation with their input and collaboration. As such, Attorney Edens can tailor a “road map” to help her clients.
Attorney Edens is also privileged to be a volunteer and active participant in her local community. Because of her position, she has encountered numerous organizations that do wonderful work for families. The Superior Court of Sussex County has appointed her as a Parenting Coordinator. She also serves as a volunteer Court-Appointed Mediator for the Pilot Economic Mediation Program for the Superior Court of Morris County and has been appointed to the Blue Ribbon Panel of the Morris County Early Settlement Program.
Additionally, Attorney Edens volunteers her time at the Women’s Centers in both Hackettstown, New Jersey and at the County College of Morris in Randolph. Being able to volunteer in these capacities is exponentially rewarding and enriches her experience as a family lawyer.
Outside of office confines, Attorney Edens and her firm have volunteered for the Non-Profit Grow-a-Row, helping to glean apples to donate to agencies that feed the hungry. Most recently, the firm participated in the SPEAK 5K to raise awareness of Domestic Violence.
Attorney Edens also volunteers within the legal community. Most noteworthy, she was appointed to the Ethics Committee, which investigates alleged ethical violations by local attorneys. She was also a member and past chair of the Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee.
She also handles adoptions, which are near and dear to her heart. Attorney Edens herself was adopted and went through the adoption process with her two beautiful children. Whether you are looking to adopt in the U.S., through foster care, or internationally, Attorney Edens can help. She is also designated as one of the adoption attorneys recommended by the well-known Spence-Chapin Adoption Agency in New York City.
- Ethics Committee
- Fee Arbitration Committee
- Fee Arbitration Committee Chair
- County College of Morris Women’s Center
- Centenary College Women’s Center
- Morris County Court Pilot Program — Economic Mediation
- Morris/Sussex County Economic Mediation Program