Morris County Alimony Lawyers Pursuing Your Best Interests After a Divorce
Alimony is the payment one ex-spouse pays the other during or after a divorce. New Jersey law has established several different types of alimony to address the needs of the spouse who has little or no earning power or whose financial condition will suffer significantly due to the divorce.
Do you need legal representation in either seeking or contesting alimony? At Edens Law Group, we have been in the practice of divorce and family law since 1994. Our longstanding presence and practice in this field have earned us a reputation for stellar service, an abundance of knowledge and experience, and, as needed, aggressive litigation tactics. If you need trusted legal support, look no further than our legal team.
Contact us online or call us at to arrange for your strategy session with a Morris County alimony lawyer.
Alimony in New Jersey
Alimony is not meant to punish or reward. It is meant to help the parties be able to live on a somewhat fair and equal basis until the lower-earning spouse can become financially independent.
In New Jersey, alimony can be awarded:
- On a temporary basis while the divorce is pending
- On a limited basis until the receiving spouse can become self-supporting
- On a permanent basis, generally in the case of a long marriage and where other factors support such an award
- As a rehabilitative award to provide financial resources for education or training that will lead to a new job or career
- As reimbursement to a spouse who provided the necessary support for his or her partner to advance education or training in pursuit of a career
Courts can order one or a combination of support options to be paid on a monthly basis. Alimony can also be sought as a lump-sum payment.
Consult with Morris County Alimony Attorneys Today!
Understanding your options as well as the factors that courts will review to determine alimony is crucial for your successful preparation. With help from one of our trusted Morris County alimony attorneys, you can rest assured that you will get the answers you need and your case will be handled with tireless commitment.