Chester Same-Sex Marriage Attorneys
Reputable Family Law Representation for LGBTQ Families
In October 2013, same-sex marriage was legalized in the state of New Jersey. In 2015, the Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal in all states. As a result, same-sex partners can now enjoy all state and federal rights, benefits, and responsibilities that opposite-sex marriages enjoy. Before they could legally marry, same-sex couples were only allowed to enter domestic partnerships or civil unions with limited rights and benefits. Under the new laws, same-sex partners may now need the same legal representation as other married partners for actions like prenuptial agreements, divorce, child support, child custody, alimony, and more.
If you are in a same-sex relationship or marriage and need legal help with any aspect of family law, we urge you to consult with a Chester same-sex marriage attorney at Edens Law Group. Our firm provides devoted legal support to anyone with a family law issue, and we are proud to serve same-sex couples and LGBTQ families with the dedication they deserve. No matter how difficult or complex your situation may be, we are here to ensure that your legal rights are protected, that you receive attentive and fierce advocacy, and that your best interests are reflected in the resolution of your case.
Contact us at to schedule a free one-hour strategy session.
Family Law Issues for Same-Sex Couples
Same-sex couples face all the same family matters as opposite-sex couples. However, given recent changes in the law, their cases can sometimes be more challenging to approach and resolve.
At Edens Law Group, we can help you address:
- Legal documents for entering into a civil union
- Divorce with issues of child support, alimony, custody and visitation, and the division of marital property
- Dissolution of a domestic partnership or civil union
- Parentage/the establishment of a legal parent-child relationship that may involve a second-parent adoption
- Prenuptial agreements/the protection of assets and property brought into a same-sex marriage
- Modifications of court orders regarding child support, child custody, or alimony
Edens Law Group has kept up with all the recent and ongoing changes to matrimonial law and LGBTQ rights. Our Chester same-sex marriage attorneys welcome the opportunity to serve you with diligence, compassion, and strength.