If you would like to talk with a knowledgeable professional to help you, contact the law office of Edens Law Group, LLC. Any of our attorneys can answer your questions or help you with a child support order or modification.

Children’s Educational Needs Child support orders can and often do incorporate primary and secondary expenses and/or higher education costs.

If both parents agree about the payment of these expenses, then your attorney can draft the necessary documents, if not, then we can present your case before a judge for a decision.

You will be helped to gather the documentation to support your side of the case regarding private school or college tuition, expenses and costs.

A child becomes emancipated generally upon reaching age 18, if the child marries, joins the military or “moves beyond the sphere of influence” of the parents. However, this standard is expanded in a number of circumstances especially where a child continues to go to school post high school, including trade school, college, etc.

Discuss your case with an attorney to determine your options.

Contact us to discuss your case.