If you are planning to divorce your spouse, you may be worried about a large number of issues. One of them may be whether or not you may receive – or pay out – alimony.

You may also be wondering if the amount of this alimony can alter if your job should change. The answer is yes. The reasons why can be explained to you by our expert team of family lawyers in New Jersey.

When Can My Spousal Support Agreement Be Changed?

There are several circumstances under which your spousal support agreement can be changed. You can come to an agreement with your former spouse to change the amount of support that you are receiving or paying out.

The rate that you receive or pay out could be adjusted due to any number of other factors, such as economic hardship, illness, financial emergency, or a new support obligation due to a newborn child or newly divorced spouse.

Call the Edens Law Group to Discuss Spousal Support

If you are in a situation where you have a need for the latest and best info on spousal support, call the Edens Law Group today. We are a firm of knowledgeable and experienced family lawyers in New Jersey. Get in touch with us today to learn how we can help you raise or lower your spousal support payments.