Divorce Lawyers in Washington Township, New Jersey Providing Compassionate Legal Representation In Divorce Cases
When two people decide to get married, neither future spouse wants to think that they may potentially end up in divorce court. However, even the seemingly best of marriages can encounter serious marital problems that, in the end, simply cannot be resolved. As a result, you and your spouse may both come to the conclusion that divorce is your only option. Unfortunately, because of the mental anguish and trauma associated with divorce, this time can be what many consider to be the lowest point in their life. In cases such as these, you will undoubtedly require the knowledge of an experienced divorce lawyer. The various aspects of divorce can involve many tense and emotional issues, such as child support, alimony, or those often displayed in child custody cases. These matters coupled with many other issues that families may have to work through to legally end their marriage can be extremely painful to deal with.
At Edens Law Group, LLC, we want to help you through this time in your life by working to advise you of your legal rights throughout this process. We know what a difficult and stressful time this is for our clients. You are entitled to understand what steps and actions you can take to protect your financial interests as well as your children’s interests if applicable. If you need legal representation, who will fight for you in your divorce case, contact us at Edens Law Group, LLC at (908) 879-9499 and schedule an appointment to speak with an experienced divorce attorney.
How Can a Divorce Attorney Help Me?
When seeking legal services related to a divorce, you want to feel confident that your lawyer will work hard to handle your case in order to achieve a desirable outcome for you. While proceeding with a divorce, various aspects of family law overlap one another and can be extremely difficult to understand without a qualified attorney to guide you.
Through experience and hard work, the divorce attorneys at Edens Law Group, LLC are proficient in the various legal areas that encompass the multiple aspects of the divorce process. These particular areas include:
- Mediation: The process in which a mediator facilitates both communication and the process of negotiation between one spouse and the other spouse in order to help them reach a voluntary agreement that is satisfactory to both parties.
- Child custody cases: A legal case in which one or both parents are suing for the legal guardianship of a minor-aged child or, in certain cases, their adult children who have certain emotional or physical needs.
- Spousal support: Also commonly known as alimony, this is monetary support that is paid by one spouse to the other and ordered by the court. This payment can occur over a specified amount of time or forever, depending on the individual circumstances of the divorce case.
- Division of assets: Also known as equitable division, this is a judicial division of both obligations and marital assets between spouses when involved in a divorce case. This may be done through an agreement, through a property settlement, or by a judicial decree which is handed down by a judge. The law in the state of New Jersey stipulates that the division of property is based on equitable distribution. This means that each spouse is generally granted his or her separate property or debt that was brought into the marriage—also included in this category as gifts and inheritances. Property and debt that were acquired during the marriage will be allocated between the two spouses in an effort to reach a fair distribution. The court considers many factors when making its decision regarding property settlement, such as the overall length of the marriage, health, age, each party’s financial situation, and the potential earning capability of each spouse.
- Child support: This is an ongoing payment made from one parent to another parent in an effort to provide financially for the costs associated with raising the child following the end of a marriage or a similar type of relationship.
What Should I Know About Divorce?
Either spouse involved in divorce proceedings may also request that the court issue what are deemed to be temporary orders. These orders may be granted to establish child custody along with visitation rights, award child support payments, restrict the use of property, or order specific bills to be paid by each party. It is important to realize that these orders are only valid and in force until a time when they can be potentially changed by a judge or until a final decree of divorce is issued by the court terminating the marriage.
In your case, many of these aspects of divorce law may play a significant role in determining how your final divorce settlement is resolved, along with the financial agreement that is to be decided. One of the last things you need to worry about is the tedious legal procedures that surround filing for a divorce. Going through a divorce is strenuous, to say the least, and you need an attorney that will labor diligently to protect your legal rights along with your future. For many individuals that are going through a divorce, this may be the first time that they have ever really had to worry over their finances and subsequently deal with economic issues. At Edens Law Group, LLC we work to establish an attorney-client relationship in which you can feel confident going forward as we work to get a settlement that is desirable and fully favorable to you.
What Type of Legal Services Can a Divorce Attorney Help Me With?
There is a great deal of legal paperwork and procedures that are involved in filing for a divorce. Our attorneys at Edens Law, LLC, who handle your case can both prepare and file all of the legal documents that pertain to your case. Included in this are all depositions, interrogatories, and evaluations of various financial assets that are involved in your particular case. It should be said that either spouse has the ability to request the court-appointed experts to appraise property and businesses as well as review financial documents. Adding to this, mental health experts may also be appointed, if necessary, to make psychological determinations. Finally, parenting investigators may also be requested in an attempt to resolve issues regarding child custody.
Our divorce attorneys can also act as your legal advocate and present your case in all pretrial motions and proceedings in court. In the event that your divorce case does go to court, at the time of trial, your attorney can also give you formal legal advice as to the various legal aspects of custody and visitation issues should they be relevant to your case.
Not only can our attorneys skillfully advise you as to what would be in your best interest when considering legal issues, but they can also give counsel and take into consideration your own personal circumstances that may play a role in determining a financial settlement. Our attorneys will work diligently to ascertain a resolution that is suitable for you. This can often involve the possible restructuring of a business, the sale of real estate, and matters relating to pension funds.
Why Should I Consider Hiring Divorce Lawyers in Washington Township, NJ?
Our divorce law attorneys at Edens Law Group, LLC have many years of experience in divorce law and as such, fully comprehend how divorce courts operate within the state of New Jersey. We also recognize that couples who are separating are in the midst of both serious emotional and financial issues that can potentially threaten their livelihood. Our family law attorneys are sympathetic to both your emotional and financial needs as you work to resolve your divorce case. You have enough to worry about when filing for a divorce. We want to help answer all of your questions and alleviate any worries you may have that pertain to your legal action.
A family law attorney from Edens Law Group, LLC can work with you, the client, to explain all of the issues that may arise as you proceed through the legal process of divorce. We work hard to assure that our clients will receive an outcome that they feel is in their best interests. Whether you need to be advised regarding a child custody case, spousal support, child support, or any other matter that may pertain to your divorce, the attorneys at Eden Law Group LLC are here to serve you. Reach out and contact us today at (908) 879-9499 and schedule a one-hour consultation at our law office. We can advise you of your rights and any legal options that you may have as you push forward with your case.