Restraining Orders

A Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) can be obtained through the Court. A victim of domestic violence can obtain a TRO by going to the courthouse during the Court’s daytime hours and appearing before a judge. Another way to obtain a TRO is through the police. If police are contacted regarding a domestic violence matter, the.. Read More

The Family Court’s Case Information Statement – Part II

As was explained in the first part of the series, the Case Information Statement is a financial form required by the Court. The first four pages ask about general information such as date of the marriage, date of the complaint, names and addresses of the parties and children, income information, etc. It is requested that you provide.. Read More

The Family Court’s Case Information Statement – Part I

Anyone going through a divorce has heard of the Case Information Statement. Just mentioning the Case Information Statement, or CIS as it is known, usually causes anyone exposed to it to grimace. That is because, if prepared properly, it is somewhat time-consuming to complete. This is due to the Case Information Statement being an extremely detailed and.. Read More

Marital Settlement Agreement

A Marital Settlement Agreement is a legal binding contract. It should include all aspects of all of the issues that need to be addressed between the parties. For example, it should include all of the issues pertaining to custody such as who has legal custody, who is the parent of primary residence, when will the.. Read More

How an Attorney Can Help Your High Conflict Custody Case

Child custody is a very complicated legal issue and can be the most important aspect of a divorce or separation. The best interest of the child should always come first. Some parents do not want the other parent involved in the child’s life. There are many reasons such a situation can exist as family dynamics.. Read More